Things to know about replacing your sash windows
Replacing a sash window may seem simple, but there are a few things that a worth knowing before you set out to look for a replacement or two.
- You can get sash windows in uPVC as well as timber – uPVC sash windows can be less costly to buy than timber
- You can get tilt & turn sash windows – having a tilt turn action makes them very easy to clean from the inside and allows them to be used s a fire escape
- Although you may think they can’t be a good substitute for timber, new sash windows made form uPVC can be manufactured with a wood-grain surface that makes them look like the “real thing”.
- uPVC sash windows come in up to a dozen different colours, not just white.
- If you are replacing a sash window with a casement window, it will mean a lot more repair work on the inside of the window reveals because casement window frames are thinner than sash window frames.
You can find out a lot more about sash windows, including how much they cost by visiting www.upvcwindowsfitted.co.uk/how-much-do-upvc-sash-windows-cost